Katharine Hepburn on Luck


Interview with Katharine Hepburn
Conducted by James Grissom
1990


The luckiest people in the world are those willing to admit how lucky they are right now and all the time. We were born--a lucky miracle in itself. We're here and we're moving and we get along. That's terribly lucky. People and things and events gravitate toward gracious people who realize that there is so much in the world available to them, and who give some of it back. It's so simple, but so often ignored or misunderstood. Whatever I have, I wanted, and I went after it, and I realized how lucky I was in the people I knew, the people I worked with, the results I got. We are all so damned lucky, and we're so damned foolish to not recognize this. Luck goes to those who are both prepared for their goals and those who are receptive to the beauty and the presence of luck. You can call it love or the presence of God or fate or whatever you want, but it's luck, and I've had a lot of it.



© 2015  James Grissom

Comments

Popular Posts